WELCOME TO THE CLUB !
What is included in your membership subscription?
Your annual membership subscription provides the following package:
- Use of a large range of club boats and equipment when you want to paddle.
- Coaching from our team of volunteer coaches, in all disciplines, on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Leadership from volunteer club leaders and coaches on club trips.
- Coaching at pool sessions (there is a fee for the use of the pool, but this goes to the pool managers).
- Use of the club facilities including clubroom, classroom and changing rooms with showers.
You do not pay any additional fees to use club equipment!
Membership for existing paddlers
Renewals for present club members can be found here.
If you are already an experienced paddler and do not wish to book a starter session, please look at the 2017 Membership Subscriptions.
New to Paddling?
If you’ve never paddled before, or maybe have not paddled for many years then please see our Introductory Sessions page. This is a course to give you the basics of paddling and is included in the price of your membership.
Costs and types of membership
Basic membership for 2017/18 is £100 for an adult, with appropriate other categories for families and juniors. For full details, please see the complete list on the membership page.
Unfortunately, the club has storage facilities for a only limited number of privately owned boats. Consequently membership does not include an automatic right of storage.
Allocation of a space is determined by the boatswains and there is currently a waiting list. Racks are made available to members who use their boat regularly (e.g. at least once a fortnight). If you are not using your boat at this frequency you may be asked to remove the boat from the shed and store it elsewhere. The club does not have insurance for privately owned boats in the shed, so please get your own insurance. British Canoe Union membership gives a good deal on this – see the British Canoeing website.